50 Awesome Blogging Tips
Blogging for success is not an overnight journey.It takes dedication, passion and determination to succeed. While you start building your blogs content, you also need to establish rapport to your readers and to other bloggers. Lots of people who started actively in blogging in the hope of earning passive income from but later quit when they realized there’s no magic on it. Most of the time those people are only a victim of widespread money-making schemes online that promises big figures from blogging. Well, somehow its true, it’s possible that you can earn big but you need to learn the hard work behind and strategy to survive first.
The list below is intended for both newbies and professional bloggers that provides practical tips on how to grow your blogs, connections and get on the top of the SERPs.
Creating Inspiring Contents
1. Make a genuine and shareable content [abstain from copying other’s content]
2. Always watch out for the trending news related to your niche.
3. Subscribe to blogs and read other blogs. Basically, it will give you an idea to create your own topic.
4. Write with passion & dedication .Don’t quit blogging when you never earn. Think outside of the box.
5. Update your blog daily or more often in a week. Google loves to crawls fresh contents.
6. Write with your own style. Readers simple like blogs where they can related and impart ideas. Adding a touch of humor or trivia will also make your contents more sense and interesting to read.
7. Discover more powerful niche to engage. Do not just stick with personal blogs if you want to excel. Make research on most read topics in the web, social media and local news.
8. Use attractive image, infographics and cool illustrations .Media are simply effective in conveying your message to your readers even they will not read your content thoroughly.
9. Invite people to follow, read and comment your blog. Imagine blog without readers is dead!
10. Connect with your readers and establish rapport. It’s a key to your success.
Be on Top of the SERPs
11. Submit your blog to Search Engines: Google & Bing
12. Submit your blog sitemap to WebMasterTools and Blog Directories
13. Choose the best keywords to promote [less competition but high traffic] and niche [choose the trending or the one you are passionate to write with]
14. Track your SEO data using Google Analytics to improve bounce rates, page impressions, conversions, etc. Also take advantage of free SEO plugins on WordPress like Yoast SEO plugins, premium subscription would be much better.
15. Engage with Guest Posting. One of the best strategy to gain more backlinks and traffic to your blog from high authority sites. Utilizing Infographics with your embedded links is also a good way.
16. Activate Google Authorship in your blogs
17. Join Bloggers Network and Social Media Outreach
18. Share your post to Facebook, Twitter, FriendFeed , Google Plus, and many other social networks
19. Do Giveaways and promotions. You know readers love freebies, offer them rewards via a contest and it will surely surge your traffics, email subscriptions and social media followers.
20. PPC or Campaigns. If you need to level up your SEO, you can invest in Adwords or a pay per impression programs to bring traffic and sales to your blog.
Productivity Tools That You Must Have
21. Windows Live Writer and Evernote
22. Google Drive / Drop Box
23. FScapture and other screenshots tool
24. Web Scrapers & PDF to WORD converters
25. Grammar Checkers: Grammarly, etc
26. Disqus Comment System
27. Site speed testing tools: Tools.Pingdom.com
29. ManageFlitters and Social Following Tools
Boost your Readership
31. Don’t overload your blog with pop us, widgets and distractive advertisements banners.
32. Make sure your blog has SHARE buttons. You can get ShareThis or AddThis widget.
33. Test your blog loading time speed. Use tools.pingdom.com. It must be fast to load or at least the average.
34. Choose a good blog design. Get the professional looking, responsive and easy to navigate.
35. Provide contact page for your blog or live chat support system.
36. Before publishing your post, double check your spellings, grammars, punctuations and wordings.
37. Add useful widgets like Popular Posts, Related Posts and make subscriptions to your post easy.
38. Block spam comments and make sure to address some users questions.
39. Focus on making Quality post, rather than quantity.
40. Ask opinion from your readers and respect OTHER bloggers.
Monetizing your Blog
41. Contextual Advertising is one of the popular means for bloggers to earn from their blog.Consider joining up Pay Per Click program such as Adsense, Nuffnang, Ambient Digital Network and Infolinks—they are the top paying network so far and don’t require enormous traffic to get approve.
42.Engage Affiliate Advertising and Marketing.If you have a great traffic, consider promoting some cool stuffs in your blog and you will earn 5% up to 70% commision for every sale you made.Check out Google’s Affiliate Network, Amazon Associates, Clickbanks, Commission Junction, Hostgator and many others in the web.
43. Direct Advertising.Another great way to earn from blogging is through direct advertising—you will offer people to display advertisement materials in your blog and they will pay for it in monthly or yearly basis. You’re free to set the amount, let say the square type ads( 125×125) is about $15 a month. Or offer a paid guest posting package as well, let say a minimum of $30 per post, will surely give you a good bucks in your pocket.
44. Sponsored Post. Somewhat similar to guest posting but you will be paid by publishing special reviews or press release materials in your blog with at least 2 text links or anchor text included. Pay Per Post, and SponsoredReviews are marketplaces where you could bid for paid to write or paid to review jobs as well.
45. Online Coaching- If you are very adept in SEO and Online Marketing you can provide affordable coaching services online thru webminars, podcasts, special tutorials and consultancy.
46. Setup Donations- Don’t be shy to begggg!!!Using your paypal account you setup donation boxes in your blog where you can solicit donations from your readers in monthly or one-time donation basis. This is very good alternative of banner ads if you hates deploying them in your blog.
47. Build and Sell- This is so popular and let me cite an example, AdsenseFlippers.com is doing a build and sell business online. They build websites and blog, optimize, and sell them to make money. Flippa is also a well-known build and sell marketplace online where you can trade blogs anytime at any cost.
48. Direct Selling- Use the power of your blog to promote your local products and services especially if you already have a growing community online. You can write a good review of your product and offers free delivery to entice customers which surely a win win business for you.
49. Links Selling-This is simply making money by selling back links. People always looking for high PR sites to establish links that could boost also their rankings and even pay for it though a bit shady to Google’s policy.
50. Membership Payments- You can setup sites that require membership payments by monthly or yearly basis in exchange for the service or a premium membership package. Best for classified ads sites, professional forums, video streaming sites, file storage, P2P, web development, etc.